If In Doubt: Whinge

If I haven't got the trappings of adulthood, I'm not going to act like one.

Thursday 7 August 2008

Sound of Silence

I am having a crisis. One of the little silicon ear things has gone missing from my headphones. As well as meaning I will need to buy another set (and I am feeling all of the skint right now) I had no music on the train and have none at work.

Whilst this may not seem a big thing to many, it is a major disaster for a snobbish audiophile such as myself.

Reason 1: I have nothing on my internal jukebox. Actually, that’s not quite true – the last thing I heard before leaving was James Naughtie on Today, and his accent is on a slight loop somewhere behind my right ear. Anyway, the relative silence is unnerving me.

Reason 2: I am entirely at the mercy of the various voices, sounds and – this is the killer – online radio stations playing out of colleagues’ computers. Today, dear god, it appears to be Kiss Fm.

Kill me now.

No comments: