If In Doubt: Whinge

If I haven't got the trappings of adulthood, I'm not going to act like one.

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Ter-Riff-Ic #3

A slight departure this morning. Had a conversation with a colleague last night who, like me, is significantly obsessed with the West Wing.

In particular we were talking about the various episodes which weave a key speech or event into a piece of music - he's a great advocate of the season two finale (which I try to avoid thinking about as there's a danger that I might have to concede that Dire Straits did some stuff which wasn't, well, Dire) but whilst sprawled on the floor of the carriage this morning my head spooled back to this particular gem.

Spectacular, beautiful rhetoric. Tori Amos covering a Boomtown Rats song. A perfect three-line payoff at the end. Magnificent stuff.

No comments: